New Delhi: Amid the coronavirus pandemic, visiting a bank might be risky as the chances of contracting the virus increase when you are in a public place. During a time like this, net banking is one of the most helpful banking methods which allows users to carry out their banking from the comfort and convenience of their home. SBI customer who is yet to register with the bank’s net banking facility can do this online.
OnlineSBI allows users to register for bank’s net banking service online. You just need is to follow some steps listed on the website — onlinesbi.com. Once you are registered, tasks like passbook printing, cash withdrawal, Demand draft preparation, cheque-book applications, etc. can be performed easily through SBI net banking.
SBI net banking eligibility:
- Customer’s mobile number must be registered in bank records
- Customer must have an ATM card
- Customer shouldn’t have applied for the net banking facility earlier from any branch offline; and
- Joint account holders can’t register online for SBI net banking.
- How to register online:
- Log in at the official website of SBI — onlinesbi.com
- Click at “New User Registration/Activation” option
- Enter Account number, CIF number, branch code, country, registered mobile number and click ‘Submit’
- Bank will send OTP on your registered mobile number;
- Enter OTP and select ATM card to proceed for activation of the services
- Note temporary username and create login password
- Login with temporary username and newly created password and create a username of your choice that will be your permanent username
- Accept terms and conditions and set the login password and profile password and select hint questions and create answers for hint questions
- Enter the date of birth, place of birth and registered mobile number and click on “Account Summary” link to view all account mapped with your account.
SBI net banking features: Using Internet banking services, you can do the following normal banking transactions online
- Funds transfer between own accounts.
- Third-party transfers to accounts maintained at any branch of SBI
- Inter Bank Transfers to accounts with other Banks
- Online standing instructions for periodical transfer for the above
- Credit PPF accounts across branches
- Request for Issue of Demand Draft
- Request for opening of new accounts
- Request for closure of Loan Accounts
- Request for Issue of Cheque Book
- Earn reward points for transactions through Internet Banking
It is worth mentioning that you can also register for Internet Banking online if you are in possession of your ATM Card.